Monday 23 June 2014

We were MADE to thrive! (A take on Psalm 1)

ARE YOU THRIVING?  

Emmeline's photography
Emmeline's Photography-Redwoods New Zealand
yes i did take this amazing photo!
Readers! HELLO! yes I'm still alive. I know, I know, I had to take a special trip to space since April...they didn't have internet there...so, i couldn't blog. Just kidding!

Let's begin by a few questions-

1. Are you happy? I'm not talking about happy in the sense that you're not exactly throwing your body on the floor, and bawling your eyes out, so that must constitute as you being okay and happy. I'm talking about a happiness that radiates out of your soul, you can't help but throw your hands in the air to worship and laugh.

2. Are you simply surviving? again I mean this in the sense of- do you wake up everyday to simply...well go back to bed later? Or are you waking up in a very sponge-bob manner and saying:
"This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it (!!)." -Psalm 118: 24
okay some more questions later about your self-evaluation, lets begin with another Psalm:
Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. 3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. -Psalm 1:1-3 
I know most days when I sometimes (most times) throw my body out of bed, i have the insane urge to throw my hands in the air and declare- "it is all meaningless!" (come on I can't be the only one)

But then, in the throws of my teenage tantrum, i realize that, well, if i get out of bed thinking that I'm going to do nothing worthwhile, then my big problem here is that my spiritual condition is less than alright. I'm shriveling up...not exactly thriving at all...and definitely not being like a tree planted by the rivers of water! fruitful what is that?!

I guess I got the wake up call that what I've been doing lately is merely surviving, and that's quiet sad, definitely not what the LORD has in mind. You know what I mean?

So that's when I decided, enough is enough! ladies and gentleman, inwardly you know you want so much more than just surviving too! I mean have another look at that picture, isn't it pretty? (i know I'm biased) but don't you want your life to radiate such wonders, growth, fruitfulness and just absolute awesomeness (I am aware that this is not a word :P)

When I went into my local christian bookstore and saw the new casting crown album and saw the cover, i was intrigued and quickly made my purchase. When the song 'thrive' came up, i couldn't help feel a deep sense of happiness at it, (yes, some serious head-bobbing was happening, maybe a little dancing too!)

I realized that, that particular song had something special in it. You see its not so much the song itself, its the lyrics...the message and the scripture behind the song that made me feel so unbelievably happy! dare I say even Hopeful!
Here have another little read of the lyrics:
So living water flowing through, God we thirst for more of You. Fill our hearts and flood our souls With one desire,  Just to know You, and To make You known, We lift Your name on High. Shine like the sun make darkness run and hide, We know we were made for so much more Than ordinary lives, It's time for us to more than just survive. We were made to thrive.
Now a bible verse:
"...So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." - Ephesians 3:17-19
to have purpose on this earth we need to be GROUNDED in love, have faith. Take a dose of the wonderful Living Waters that is Christ, how you might ask? spend time with him. Not just 20 minutes of reading the word, while mentally blanking out or make plans for the weekend, OR think what you might eat in a moment.

Find your joy in Christ because Joy +Love + Faith =Growth (Thriving)

again some Lyrics from that song:
Joy Unspeakable, Faith Unsinkable, Love Unstoppable, Anything is possible!
That's what I'm talking about, those are the things that make us alive.

So start living my friends! The bible says:
One generation passes away, and another generation comes; But the earth abides forever. The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, And hastens to the place where it arose.
in other words, life is short!

change your mindset and see the glories of being alive!
It isn't easy...but then again, is anything worthwhile easy?

we live in a world that endorse easy living, we become spiritually lazy. I know! trust me i do! so i challenge myself, just as I do you! stop merely living, if we begin thriving...we might just have some -positive change in this world....hey now, wouldn't that be awesome?

so my last question is this- what are YOU going to do now?

check out Casting Crowns' song on YouTube via this URL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ71RWJhS_M
Disclaimer:- The Lyrics of the Thrive song is by Casting Crowns, Not my own at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment