Wednesday 11 February 2015

Don't get lost in translation

Hiya Readers!

So I was doing a Bible study and just praying and spending time with the Lord, when I got thinking.
Man, this has been the craziest few months of my life...Why, do i feel like I'm trying so hard for something but I'm messing up more than I'm succeeding?

So then like a whisper from the Holy Spirit, It's almost like i heard-

"You're TRYING so hard to be a good Christian that you're FORGETTING to be one."

biggest ouch of my life!

but also, how true is that?

Many of us want to be like the apostles and disciples...don't deny it, you know it's true.
However, whenever we fall short we feel like we're God's biggest disappointment...so we think, I just have to try harder!

And then, everything else gets lost in translation.

All the sudden we're everywhere trying to be a good christian, our deeds are there but our heart is grossly missing out of it.

biggest no-no.

What is the greatest commandment?
Yes, you're nodding going, Em, Its Mark 12: 28-34, give me something harder than this kid!

Yes, you'd be right, but I'll remind you. When I was in Bible college one of my teachers used to say- "When you think you know everything there is to know about the Bible, that's when you realise that you know nothing."

Anyway,
So we are to Love the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and to love our neighbours as we love ourselves.

This is very true.

So when you're trying to be a good Christian, you're forgetting that you're doing it for Christ...Your focus is all about you and spiritually- you're dying a little.

So whatever you do, do it unto the Lord that's what I want to encourage you because at the end of the day, it's not what you do that matters, but why and how you did it that will stick with people the most.

A verse that really tugged at my heart strings this week

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven" -Matthew 5:16

Maybe this post was for you. Don't despair...just return to your first love. Confess, Repent and thank him...He is good and will uphold you always.

Stay awesome and God Bless.

Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment